View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 08:23 PM   #993
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe Other Fantasy Books?

I may or may not have posted in one of the 25 pages of this thread, but if so, tough, I'm posting now...

Like I saw mentioned by someone in a random page in the depths, Tolkien basically took my ability to get into other fantasy authors with a few exceptions.
So I'll list the ones I've read or started to read...
  • Dune by Frank Herbert (first five books)
  • The Black Company by Glen Cook (all ten books)
  • Malazan Book of the Fallen by Scott Erikson (still sort of working my way through the series)
  • The Gentleman Bastard by Scott Lynch (1st book 'Lies of Loch Lamora' was all right. Read the 2nd book 'Red Seas Under Red Skies' and the best thing about it was finally reading the last word on the last page. I understand there are a couple more out. Maybe one day.
  • Song of Ice and Fire (Started Game of Thrones a few times, managing to get seven chapters in once. Gave up. Was kind of glad a TV series came out of it.
  • Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury. (Actually saw the movie at a drive-in in the 70's and sought out the book at my local used book store. A collection of short stories wrapped in a story.
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (This was from a list of books I had to write an essay on in high school)
  • 2001 A Space Odyssey (found this book in 1970 in Jr High after seeing the movie a couple years before)

Thats all I can think of for now.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote