View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 05:22 PM   #367
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Ravion's Ramblers: Ravion

Ravion strode towards Aeron: this had gone on long enough. He appreciated the need to release tension, but this had gone altogether too far. He gestured for Raefindan to see to Gwyllion as he approached the fight.

He threw Aeron off of Mellonin, and spun the boy around so that he was facing him. "That is enough," he shouted. "You say that you stay here only so as not to tarnish my name, and yet you attack Mellonin in her grief? If that was not so disgusting, I would laugh." He drew his hand back to strike Aeron. The boy stood his ground, setting his teeth in anticipation of the impact.

Ravion struggled with himself for a moment, then let his hand fall to his side. "I am ashamed to say that you serve me," he said tightly. "You have shamed me! But more than that, you have shamed yourself. Look around you, son of Gondor. This is your handiwork. Are you proud?"

"I--"

"!" Ravion shouted. "Do not speak. You will go by Gond. If I catch you raising your hand once more to Mellonin or any of us, I will send you and Gwyllion back to your home. Then we will see how much I rely on you."

"Ravion, I--"

"Ęphal ęphalak îdôn hi-Akallabęth," Ravion muttered. "How far from Anadűnę have we strayed."

He went to Mellonin and offered her his hand. "Are you hurt?" he asked, helping her up.