Thread: Bye Bye Balrogs
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2001, 06:59 PM   #4
jallanite
Shade of Carn Dûm

jallanite is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Moderator
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Bye Bye Balrogs

There are also vampires, werewolves, other Uruk-spirits seen by early Elves, whatever being took the shape of Amlach son of Imlach, and the &quot;few servants, and those of less might and cunning&quot; that Morgoth left behind in the east to continue the corruption of Men. Some of the beasts other than werewolves that were involved in attempting to spy out Gondolin may have been Úmaiar also. The spiders of Nan Dungortheb?

&quot;Several&quot; seems too small to me. Perhaps &quot;some&quot; might work, but I think &quot;many&quot; may stand. Of the Maiar most seldom took human form in Middle-earth, and even in Aman took forms such as animals or plants, and I would expect such would therefore be true among Morgoth's Úmaiar.

Possibly also the majority of these beings were permanently disabled in the War of the Valar.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000212>jallanit e</A> at: 8/13/01 9:22:43 pm
jallanite is offline   Reply With Quote