View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 04:37 PM   #1
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting Proposed FoG Agenda

I think we should have a definite plan before beginning to put together the text. What we have can be divided easily into three sections:

1. The 'later Tuor' from UT
2. The transition section (in the thread "A project: Revising the Fall of Gondolin, page 2).
3. The Lost Tales section, with copious revisions.

The revisions to 3 are scattered. This is, I think, a comprehensive list of them:

The Closing Portions, AP:RFG page 2
I think most of the points of contention here were resolved and taken up in the initial post, so unless anyone has any new concerns, these are good; the only exceptions are spots that are superceded by the later Balrog emendations. Also, we still need to come up with some way of working the Elessar into this section.

The Attack, AP:RFG page 2
No real problems were raised with these changes, so they can stand.

Maeglin's Treachary, AP:RFG page 2
Same as above

Tuor in Gondolin, AP:RFG page 2
Again, no problems.

Ambiguous Balrogs, Bye Bye Balrogs page 2

Omitting the Metal Monsters, Mechanical Dragons at the Fall of Gondolin?
There has been no consensus on this one yet, and we should definitely wait on it until we have a clear idea of what our final position is with regard to mechanical dragons.

Also, we have a couple of questions left mainly in the transition section, most importantly, the names of Gondolin.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to put the later Tuor, the transition, and the FoG section in a single post and then edit them to fit our corrections. It looks like my moderator-ship has been dropped since the move to the new board, so I'm afraid the actual edits will have to be the work of Lindil.

Perhaps we should collect the emendations in a single thread, so that we can finalize them?

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Aiwendil ]

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: lindil ]
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote