View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 11:36 AM   #307
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Yes, it would be enjoyable to have a nice walk with friends, even if they’re elves. Though I will say that I no sooner wrote that I’d continue on from Rivendell to Mordor (The Walk to Rivendell thread) then I stopped my daily outings! Nothing like the thought of actually reaching the place to give one pause, and a long pause at that! But then again Esty must be near by now. Maybe she can report her findings. (I have visions of very an active Mordor historical society there and possibly one or two dozen lively reenactment groups! Quite chilling!)

As far as there not being many hobbits round you Miss Raefindel, a never heard tell of many of us that made it out to the Blessed Realm out west. Leastways, not yet.

And I do owe an explanation…. These chains are entirely self-made and imposed. I learned the craft as a youngster from a couple of rather indulgent Noldorian elves passing through. They are quite invisible unless you know what to look for, having been specially anodized in a lovely shade of green particularly attractive to employers, and are engraved with all sorts of ruins touting work ethic, loyalty and single-minded determination to carry though on rash and foolish oaths taken by the design department! They are very useful when faced with impossible workloads and when your Tookish side urgently presses for a bit of wandering at inopportune moments.

EDIT: so sorry, it appears that I deleted a necessary word, it has returned now.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 11-09-2004 at 03:00 PM.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote