View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 11:44 AM   #29
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
Agreed to everything so far, and Aiwendil's suggestion for the Cululin edit looks good.

VT-LT-14: I see no real issue with repeating from the Valaquenta, and I think that something must be said about her in this list, as she is one of the most important ones. As it is, the only ones who have nothing said here about their dwellings are Vaire and Este, the two least important of the Valar. Nienna is much more important, and I think to leave her out would be worse than repeating something small. I might even do more:
Quote:
VT-LT-14<LT {for she}[But Niënna] labored {rather} at the distilling of salt humors whereof are tears, and {black} clouds she wove and floated up that they were caught in the winds and went about the world, and {their lightless webs}[they] settled ever and anon upon those that dwelt therein. Now these tissues were {despairs and hopeless mourning,} sorrows and {blind} grief, <Vala but those who hearken to Niënna learn pity and endurance in hope>. The hall {that she loved best}[where she dwelt] was {one yet wider and more dark than Vê}<Vala west of West, upon the borders of the world>, and she {too} named it {with her own name, calling it} Fui. {Therein before her black chair burnt a brazier with a single flickering coal, and the roof was of bats’ wings, and the pillars that upheld it and the walls about were made of basalt.}>

Last edited by ArcusCalion; 11-04-2017 at 11:48 AM.
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote