View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #30
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
I actually have another point I just saw. In the mater of elvish reincarnation, this LT passage about the fate of Men is actually surprisingly applicable:
Quote:
Few are they and happy indeed for whom at a season doth Nornore the herald of the Gods set out. Then ride they with him in chariots or upon good horses down into the vale of Valinor and feast in the halls of Valmar, dwelling in the houses of the Gods until the Great End come. Far away are they from the black mountains of the North or the misty plains of Arvalin, and music and fair light is theirs, and joy.
If we edit it like so:
Quote:
{Few are they and happy}Happy indeed are they for whom at a season doth {Nornore}[Eönwë] the herald of the Gods set out. Then ride they with him in chariots or upon good horses down into the vale of Valinor and feast in the halls of Val[i]mar, dwelling in the {houses}[land] of the {Gods}[Valar] until the Great End come. Far away are they from the black mountains of the North or the misty plains of {Arvalin}[Araman], and music and fair light is theirs, and joy.
This is a pretty accurate encapsulation of elvish reincarnation, with the addition that Eonwe brings them back into life. Should we include it here, or at all?
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote