Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 07:23 PM   #210
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Lauren nodded at Herebrand. 'That is what would work best. Attacking with one large groups seems to me to be too risky'

Laurel saw Jesslyn in the corner, and soon she spoke up 'Perhaps I could take the archers and set a ring around the camp? We'd hide in the foliage and take aim in secret,'

'That is a very good plan. I will leave you in charge of those archers Jesslyn. We need someone to be ready if all goes ill'

Laurel looked around the circle of villagers and soldiers and spared a smile. 'Now is the time to rest, it is getting late. We will attack tomorrow eve'

The sun had began to set when she headed for the Sick House with Jesslyn. The saw a figure leaning heavily against the door, and Jess yelped and ran forward. Cartil had managed to get out of bed and was heading out the door.

Jesslyn took an arm over her shoulder and attempted to turn him back round. Laurel quickly gave her a hand.

'You should be a bit more careful Cartil! You need to sleep! You havent fully healed!'

As if to remind her, a small ache came from her still bandaged leg. She shrugged it off as the last of the hurt, and helped set him to his cot.

'I wanted to go to the meeting. I want to help you all' he began.

'Well, you will be able to when the time comes. We have organised three groups of men to ambush the camp, and some failsafe archers as well'

Laurel was about to explain more of their last stand when a great sound of hoofs and feet, and cheers were heard outside.

~*~

Annanoldowen saw the small village of the Swan through the near dusk. She slowed her horse and strode beside Captain Gellick.

'I thank you for your haste. As you can see, this village is almost taken'

'By Eru' Gellick mumbled 'It took some miracle for them to manage, I can see!'

'More close to the brave men of Rohan' Annanoldowen smiled tiredly. She had informed Gellick of all that had happened thus far, and they anticipated that Laurel had begun planning defenses, or even an attack.

Annanoldowen saw Laurel at the door of the Sick House as she rode in, the banners of Gondor riding behind her. She and Gellick dismounted and approached her.

'Lady Laurel. We come on behalf of the kingdom of Gondor, at your request for aid. We send the force of the West to aid you in this dark time. May we win back your hope, and your freedom' Gellick said proudly.

Laurel bowed and said 'I am truly grateful to you and your Men! Here you will not find much, but it is yours to find comfort and rest. For tomorrow we march for freedom or eternal rest!'

~*~

Herebrand stood by Ohtaredan, watching the army of Gondor. They were a sight to behold, their black and silver armour glinting lightly in the moonlight.

'It seems this place conjours miracles indeed' said Ohtaredan in wonder 'With this force we yet have a chance!'

Herebrand had though to give up hope, but now his spirit flew high 'Yes. We shall ride tomorrow, and victory will be our reward!'

~*~

Laurel sat by Cartil's cot as the cool of night set in. The army of Gondor had brought tears to her eyes, and sent an excited buzz through the ruins of the Village. She had visited her grandfather, and he could barely contain himself. Some soldiers were kind enough to even visit him, and that brought joy to his old soul. The Village was told to keep all noise down, and to turn out all lights, so no suspicion would be detected.

Cartil too had been overjoyed to see those soldiers, and it seemed to help him regain his strength. She sat by Jesslyn, and quietly said 'Are you afraid Jesslyn?'

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:29 PM December 30, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]