View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 08:01 AM   #31
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
lettlemanpoet...

Rather than name calling I was simply commenting on the tone of your reply which is typified by this comment regarding the world response to the Jackson LOTR films

Quote:
This does not speak highly of the world.

I do find that to be smug and very condescending. Forget that the world made the LOTR films a great financial success because the world is wrong. Forget that the LOTR films recieved an extremely high level of professional ciritical acclaim because the world is wrong. Forget that the LOTR films won a ton of awards from many professional groups because they are wrong too.

And who is right?

A very small cadre of pretend Tolkien intellectuals who read the same publications, attend the same conferences, share each others group think idealogy and see themselves as the Defenders of the Faith.

If you do not think that comes across in spades in your posts and others who share your approach, perhaps you need to go back and read some again.

You want to argue on the merits? Fine. I asked you specifically where you got off criticizing the teleportation devices in TTT when they are none in the film ... BUT ... you ignored it. I asked you about the Lurtz name objection that you voiced ... BUT ... you ignored that.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote