View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #239
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Thranduil turned to Bali, and spoke in a voice which did not convey friendship. "What would bring a five dwarves, in company with those of many other races, into my realm?"

But upon his answer, the elven lord's face broke into a happy smile. "Lord, tis I, Bali."

"Good dwarf, I have not seen you since you went off long years ago! My, you have grown. No doubt you come to help your father, and the dwarven lord. They are in a perilous position, and I assure you that my warriors are doing all that they can to help protect the mountain.

But, I have been discortious to my guests. Forgive me, but these are troubled days. Sit, and I will have a meal prepared quickly. Now, tell me of your journey."

Bali related all that had happened on their journey, and how they would sadly be staying for only a few days. They needed to reach Erebor quickly. Soon the meal was prepared.

Bali sensed a tension between Ani Dao and Thranduil, but he did not speak of it. The fact that there were many elves travelling with the company made it a little easier for the dwarves to fit in, and they soon became friendly with the guards of Thranduil's Hall.