View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #227
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Erbrand's face broke into a large smile as Léof examined the newly made saddle, and insisted that Léof should take it as a gift for looking after Traveller.

“Then I accept your gift,” Léof said finally, “and I thank you for it. I shall have to try it out soon; it has been a while since I have taken Æthel out riding anyway.”

"It is a gift well earned," Erbrand responded, "You're so much unlike myself when I was your age. You're compassionate and a hard worker, mature beyond your years, you will make a fine man when you come of age." Here Erbrand stopped himself. He didn't mean to preach and he certainly didn't want to become sentimental, feelings was not something he felt comfortable sharing with people.

"I, uhh... I know that you'll put it to good use," he continued, "but don't work so hard today, it's a day of rest, and I expect to see you in the races today with Æthel."

Léof proudly walked over to his horse, which he was grooming and patted him on the neck.

"We'll do our best. Won't we boy?" The horse affectionatlely nuzzled his against his masters embrace and stomped his foot as if he knew what was just said.

"My best wishes and to you boh then." And with another thanks from Léof Erbrand left them to return to the solitude of his tent, but no sooner had he turned away from Léof he heard a familiar voice.

"I wouldn't mind having me one of those, not bad at all." Erbrand turned startled at first, but relaxing once he saw Lithor a few stalls down from Léof saddling his own horse.

"A good morning to you Lithor," he replied, "But I don't take kindly to those who eavesdrop on my private conversations, you might have to pay extra to get one now." Lithor laughed at his attempted joke.

"No time for bribes or work today, I'm just on my way to announce that the festivities are about to begin. We will have races, archery, and feats of strength for the games today. Music and dance with plenty of ale too, you can't beat a day such as this."

"Tell me, I have not seen the children today. I would think that they would be here urging for the day to begin."

"Javan's merry band has gone off to practice archery somewhere, but I expect that they'll return before things get underway."

"Very well, then I shall return to my tent. If there is to be music I wish to get my fiddle in tune."

"Between your fiddle and Crabannan's harp, it will be merry entertainment. Make sure that you reserve a dance with a pretty gal." At this Lithor winked, "well, I best go make the announcement, I'll shall see you later." Lithor waved back to him as he walked towards the kitchens, and he guessed who Lithor meant him to reserve a dance with. Lithor always had that kind subtlety about him that Erbrand liked, always making suggestions that confirmed Erbrand's desires and giving him some extra encouragement at the same time.

As he walked back to his tent Erbrand began to feel uncomfortable at the mentioning of Crabannan. He knew now that he had acted rashly and wrong this morning, and he knew that he would have to apologize for his actions if their were to be any comfortable feelings between them today. Swallowing his pride wouldn't be easy for him, it never was. He picked up his fiddle and pluck the strings to tune it. As he did this he went over in his head what he would say to Crabannan, but this brought back to his mind his feelings about Kara. Soon Crabannan was no longer of his mind, and was the least of his worries.