View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #264
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine

Eodwine stopped his grooming and faced Saeryn. He had heard every word, for he had been listening carefully in case she muttered.

"Lady Saeryn of the Folde, stop what you are doing and look at me."

She did not stop her activity immediately, but her fingers slowed. "Are you going to scold me, then?" Her voice was flat.

"Your words deserve it, for they are childish. Though I am your chosen lord and protector - for now - I will only ask and not require, that you curb such vicious words as beneath you."

Saeryn opened her mouth to retort.

"You will listen, Saeryn!" She closed her mouth, but her eyes flamed at him. "You have not explained why you have returned here. You have kept to yourself and not talked with me. I have not known what you expected, nor what to expect from you after you fled from me and my proposal of marriage. Rowenna has made her wishes plain to me; she wants me for her husband, and I have told her what she must become to deserve to be my wife. I made my wishes plain to you two months ago, and you fled. Since then I have not been sure of you. You have not since made your wishes plain. What do you wish? What do you want, Lady Saeryn?"