View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #1645
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
The unknown warrior whose body was found on the Paths of the Dead fits in part, but I don't know if he was a king. The king famous for his spear was Gilgalad. The latter metaphorically fell into darkness "in Mordor where the shadows are" while the former litterally fell in darkness.
Not bad, and certainly could be argued for the case, but not what I had in mind. How would you explain the third part? (And the question asked just before it? Note that the third part is an answer to "tell me, what's there / the two of us share?" That's very important, actually.)

The dead guy at the Paths of Dead was Baldor, son of Brego, as far as I am aware, he was a prince-to-be of the Mark, but he never actually lived to get the title.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote