View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #18
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Nerwen's link on the Cuyahoga is brokey.
Weird– the link seems to be formatted correctly, but it just won’t work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
What about the maniac? Are we talking movie-maniac? Professor-maniac? Or just a straight up maniac?

I interpret the role as a wild card with no allegiance...if so, then the maniac only helps us as an unknown, because the wolves aren't going to kill a revealed maniac. But as an unknown, there's still a danger we lynch the maniac. And it sets up the possibility of wolves trying to fake maniacal tendencies, knowing we won't want to lynch the maniac.
Interesting, I simply read the maniac as a randomized version of the hunter.

Can Inzil clarify if the maniac wins with the village or on his own (I assume not with the moviephiles, for heaven's sake) or if this is classified information?
I was also thinking of it as a sort of Hunter-variant, as that’s how Zil originally described it– but the concept has changed since.

Unfortunately Zil is rather cagey about the details (no doubt on purpose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Excellent! The target is 12 players, to allow for three baddies.

I altered the Maniac a bit, taking out the correlation with a Hunter. He really isn't a Hunter, since he takes no active role in who dies. As a matter of fact, I probably will keep to myself who the Maniac is, so the person himself will be surprised.
Now, the narration seems to indicate three moviephiles, i.e. the “three baddies”. Therefore I think the Maniac can’t be on their side, or he’d be a fourth “baddie". Also I don’t think he could be actively opposed to the village on his own account, since that would also shift the role into “evil” territory– cf werebears.

Then of course there’s the possibility that the Maniac isn’t aware of his role, which complicates things even more.

EDIT:X’d with Legate.