View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 06:31 PM   #397
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Good stuff Imladris! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Great idea Nerindel! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Plots, eavesdropping, twisted minds and uncertain allies.... just love it. Gimme some intrigue any day.

Thanks for the bios. They'll be fantastically handy.

Now, as for Vanwe. Some of you may be puzzling over why I put a post up for that character. Afterall, she's not going anywhere or doing anything that advances the RP right now.

I'm laying the groundwork for Vanwe's descent. She has a long way to fall, pushed down the slope by her mother. She'll be betrayed, her life will be threatened... she'll run afoul of Barrold, who will take out his anger and dislike of women and her mother upon Vanwe.

In short, I'm throwing Vanwe into a pit. She needs to be at rock bottom by the time they arrive at Imladris - hopless of any way out, all hope abandoned. I figure that would make Vanwe amenable to entering Imladris so as to get Naiore in. But, she'll get caught also. Vanwe needs not to care about anything, about her life, her future and anything she takes on.

Listless and depressed, careless of herself and therefore easily given tasks to do and easily caught. Naiore is undertaking a long dismantling of any sense of determination, self identity and self worth. She's deconstructing her own child - a ravenning... and she's reaping the "reward" which is Vanwe's distress, pain, anguish and rage.

The only thing that saves Vanwe is that she does get caught and her mother's arts can no longer weave about her constantly.

Vanwe has to sink to rock bottom to know her own mettle and to understand what she is actually capable of.

So, my last Vanwe post had her on the beginning of the slide. Plus, it was an opportunity for Lespheria to know for certain that Vanwe was in Bree somewhere. It occured to me that Naiore could have quite easily killed Vanwe and dumped her on the trail. So that deals with any doubt on that score.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight