View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 11:00 PM   #43
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES - Setting Sails for Valinor.

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? None.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – The Green Dragon Inn

NAME: Flói

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: A combat axe, which he is slowly learning to wield.

APPEARANCE: A very young Dwarf(although quite tall), with short brown beard and brown eyes. He wears a deep blue cloak.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: A Dwarf of very proud bearing. Flói is quite mistrustful(especially of other races). He is cunning in craft, but inept in all else. In his works he makes lavish use of mithril(despite its scarcity), which motivated him to join this expedition.

HISTORY: He was born in the Iron Mountains, and moved to Erebor after Battle of the Five Armies.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Nilpaurion Felagund's post

"A letter for you, Flói!" a messenger cried at the threshold of the Dwarf's dwelling.

Flói peeped through his door, with a look of annoyance. Why can't these people just leave me in peace. Opening his door, his hand shot out to grab the letter. He quickly closed the door, and shouted.

"Thank you! Now leave me alone!"

At the flap of the envelope was written:

A message of Balin son of Fundin to Flói son of Rói.

"And what would that uppish Dwarf want to have to do with me?" he said to himself, as he lifted the flap.

Dear Flói,

I, Balin invite you to partake in an expedition of honor, glory, and riches. I only ask you to visit me with a band of other Dwarves near King Dain's hall. There is some travel involved, and quite a bit of fighting, and...possibly injuries on one level or another...but the reward fully compensates the trials you face. And then some! If you would please visit me at mid-day, I would be much obliged.

Cordially yours, Balin son of Fundin.

"Hmmm..." thought the Dwarf in his chamber, as pensively reread the missive. "Khazad-dûm...the only place in Middle-earth where mithril is found. Mithril!" He rushed to his old books about the realm of Dwarrowdelf, written by his ancestors who fled there during the sinking of Beleriand.

"If the mithril found there is as much as it says here, I'll be extremely rich!"

That was Flói, in all dealings. He forgets his antipathy toward all others when a great fortune is involved. As he packed his bags, his mind was thinking of the wonderful things his hands could craft once in possession of the fabled treasure, oblivious to the danger to himself...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:47 PM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]