View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 07:33 AM   #39
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Formendacil has reminded me of that which is obvious enough, but managed to slip my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formsy
You need a reason for the negotiations to take place in Mordor. Well, it just so happens that all of the inhabitants of Mordor, including the diplomats, were Assigned there, and we all know what a hassle it is to get OUT of Mordor.

Therefore, to emphasize the advantage of his position as Overlord, Mardil has the negotiations take place in Mordor. He can send his people in and out as he wishes, but Roggie and his people are forced to remain therein. A sort of domination/power struggle thing, perhaps?

Just a thought...
Inhabitants of Mordor can't just up and leave. It will be understood that negotiations take place in Mordor because Mordorian ambassadors are not allowed to leave and, given that they are soon to commence discussion on immigration laws, they will not be slipping out of the country illegally in order to meet up with Mardil's people.

I'll edit my post somewhat this afternoon (EST) to accomodate this, unless Jen would like to take care of such details with Lola? I can quite easily see Alli's orders being "I want everyone in this castle. Find me a plausible excuse for it." and continuing on with her work.