Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 04:06 AM   #2345
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Your 'Tolkien family' one was one of my favourites, and so was 'Brown Lands.' And the zigzag one.

I did remember my Mithrandir clue, because it was in one of my earliest passwords and I remember constructing the clue, but I think I'm maybe proudest of 'Cramsome bread' because I found one instance, and one only I think, where a 'bloomer' in Tolkien could be a loaf of bread and not a flower. (Also a bit embarrassed that 'dear' is an adjective and 'expensively' an adverb, so clue not 100% accurate!)

I have all my past cryptic clues and passwords saved in a document together, though, with new ones I write as I need them or the obsession takes me again (!) - I look through it now and again to make sure I'm not exactly repeating a clue if I'm using the same answer again.

But that still doesn't bring me any closer to answering your MITHRANDIR properly ... and I only guessed 'deer' because I'd run out of other Gandalf aliases.

Please tell me! 'Mithran' is a Hindu name meaning sun ... a player can mean a cad or bounder as well as a gamester ... but I can't get either to fit.

Oh, and I edited my post several times. It took a while to guess them all.

P.S. It isn't that 'Mithran' sounds a bit like 'Marathon,' is it?

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 09-02-2015 at 04:22 AM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote