View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 05:04 AM   #274
nynnd1
Haunting Spirit

nynnd1 has just left Hobbiton.
Bredan stirred from his sleep, a little irritated that Lady Aman had not turned up. He went to the window and opened it, inhaling the fresh shire air. He had been thinking when he was drifting off what he would do in the Shire, if Lady Aman felt the way about him that Bredan hoped then he surly would stay with her and help with the inn, but if not then he would be stuck, no possessions and no job. He thought of all the things that he held talent in, sword fighting and archery, he was ok at riding a horse but that was about it. He decided that he would wait no longer, it was time for him to confront Aman.

As he went to get his boots he saw from the corner of his eye a note by the door. He picked it up and lay on the bed opening it up, it turned out Lady Aman had come and caught Bredan in deep sleep, that was the first bit of proper sleep Bredan had had in a long time, and it was probably for the best, he wanted all his wits about him for Lady Aman, it’s what she deserved after the way Bredan had acted. His thoughts went again to Snaveling, there was something there that Bredan knew was important to him, but he did not know.

Bredan walked toward the table in the room and poured some water from the jug, he went back to what had become his favourite view, the Shire landscape, the green grass seemed to ebb and flow like water, occasionally spurting up yellow reflections of the sun. He remembered the attack that had happened on him not far from the Green Dragon, if he could borrow a horse he planned to find and ambush the wild men, he would get back his possessions and many more he thought. But first he would talk with Lady Aman.

Bredan pushed his new rested feet into his old boots and walked out the door, just as he was about to shut the door he decided that he would leave as soon as possible, and went to put on his sword and cape, finished he marched down stairs, he was now on a mission. As Bredan entered the common room he smelt instantly the smell of stew, it was the best he had ever smelt. Bredan’s eyes scanned the room and he saw Lady Aman, she was gathered by many around a group of people he had never seen before, seeing in his eyes that Aman did not see to be to involved in the conversation he softly walked up to her to not interrupt the man speaking, and knelt to Aman’s ear.

“May I have a word my Lady?” Bredan whispered.

His nose was now full of the scent of Lady Aman other than the stew, and Bredan knew which was the fairer scent to him.