View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #443
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The Death of Durelin.

I spent too long on this, and I'm not sure it's all that useful. But here it is anyway:

Note: only relevant sections are quoted/cited.

Part One: La-la-la-I'm-Not-Listening

#324.Nogrod makes a case on Durelin based on her Ranger-like IC posting at start of Day One.

#325.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
6) It was an IC post. And, lo and behold, Durelin's character is:
"Durelin - Big person dark, mysterious, hooded and cloaked figure".

A joke, no more significant than in that long-ago game when someone chose "weaver" as his occupation. That's how I took it, that's how I'm pretty sure everybody took it (including the wraiths), and that's how I suspect Dury expected it to be taken.
#329, #332, #347. Greenie, Lommy and Mac all point out that Nogrod's case doesn't make sense.

#348. Nogrod continues to find Durelin evil; has missed the point about her posting IC.

#363. Durelin posts IC.

#366.Durelin lists people who “bother" her (Brinn, me, Rikae, Nogrod and Fea) for various reasons.

#367. Fea complains about Durelin's IC posting.

#368. More IC posting from Durelin. This is perverse of her and probably helped get her killed. Note, however, that she only posted a few sentences.

#371.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'm very tempted to vote Dury as I don't know what she's playing at. I feel like the Ranger wouldn't make a point of making herself wraith-bait.
#372. Mirandir agrees with Fea.

#373. Lari puts forward the theory that Kitanna would have made Durelin's hooded and cloaked character a wraith rather than a ranger.

#374. Nogrod agree with Fea that Dury and Rikae are not behaving like innocents.

#375.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Fea, you seem off to me. You go back and forth between a knowing hush-hush to "we should talk about all the roles", and you're nearly as jumpy as Nogrod when it comes to conspiracy theories. Overall you're being rather boring, especially for you.
#377.
Quote:
It's occurred to me that I want to sacrifice a fellow wolf every time I play an evil role. But there never seems to be any support from my colleagues...

++Durelin

Support my vote if you want.
If Durelin had turned out to be a wolf... er, wraith, I'd have called that the worst slip ever. As it is, I don't know what she meant.

#378.Lari speculates that Durelin could be Evil Frodo, trying to get the wraiths to kill him at Night.

#379.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
If you think I'm a suicidal baddy (who could have easily "flown under the radar" as many put it), so be it. You all deserved more of my foolishness after being so foolish yourselves, thinking my character-role was anything else.
#382.Nogrod says he is a bit reluctant to lynch Durelin, but might still do it. He asks if there are enough people to lynch Fea.

Part Two: The Fea Fan-Club to the Rescue!

And this is where it gets even weirder. Rune, Lari and possibly Mira act as though they have to save Fea from the lynch mob, even though she has no votes, and I think Nog's was the first mention of lynching her.

#384.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Stop this nonsense!

Fea is just like an independent candidate, too good to be voted for!
#387.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
So where did this "lynch Fea" thing come into play? Not that I'm defending her, it just seems to be, well, really spontanious and not right. And I can't spell.
#392. Durelin discusses Day One votes. Doesn't like Brinniel's, Nerwen's, A Little Green's, Sally's, or Fea's.

#393.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
I love it when we decide to randomly lynch Fea! *throws a party*
#394. Brinn comments that she has been suspecting Fea all day.

#395.(replying to Durelin)
Quote:
You're talking yesterday, obviously, since tonight my goal was actually to get you killed...
#396. Beregond comments that he "took the ranger comment as nothing but IC".

#397.Rune says he feels like lynching Agan or Durelin.

#398.(replying to Mirandir's comment at #393).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
WE might do it for a reason as well...
#400.
Quote:
Did I mention that I really do not want Fea to die. . . . ?
#402.Lari votes Durelin: "I know its IC voting, but part of me thinks that putting her as a wolf would have been genius."

#403.Fea says Durelin should be posting content, not just in character narration.

#405.Rune votes Durelin (no reason given– apparently to save Fea).

#406. Mirandir votes Durelin: "Posting IC 40 minutes before deadline seems like a strange move, and it makes me very suspicious."

#407. Brinn votes Fea.

#409. Mac votes Durelin (no reason given).

#410.
Quote:
I have no really good explanation for voting Durlein other than she seem slightly off. . .and that I really want to keep fea in the game.
#412. Durelin votes Mac.

#413. Brinniel say she does not like "this Durelin bandwagon".

#415. Nogrod votes Durelin.

Comments: Mac's vote is probably self defence, as I think he had two or three votes himself at that point. The reasons for the other votes boil down to: "we must save Fea!" and "Durelin's pretending to be the Ranger! Get her!"

Nogrod (known innocent) started the case on Dury, Fea seized on it, and Lari and Mira followed Fea, and then Rune joined in when the idea of lynching Fea came up.

Early in the piece, everyone was told that Durelin was simply playing a character she had described before the roles were given out. They... well, basically, they just didn't care. (Lari's theory involved a plot by Kitanna.)

Durelin did contribute to her downfall a bit by going on with the IC posting... but there were actually only a couple of posts like that, and she made other comments.

Conclusion: Fea is probably evil, and seems to have led the lynch-mob, but is more likely Ferny than a wraith. (Although she might be a wraith pretending to be Ferny, in the hope that the Seer won't dream her, or we won't bother lynching her, or something.)

I still can't tell whether Lari and Mira are acting more like manipulated newbies or like newbie wolves. And I have no idea what Rune was thinking of, except that he did mention he was drunk.

So... yeah. That was weird.

EDIT: fixed quotes.
EDIT2: paraphrased for easier reading. X'd with lots of people.
EDIT3:fixed bolding.

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-26-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote