View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 10:45 PM   #96
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan looked up, and seeing the pensive look on her face, bade her sit down next to him. She put the journal in his hands, and he flipped through it casually. ‘Most of the pages are blank,’ he said, ‘but it was Cami’s, sure enough. Her hand is a familiar one.’ He ran his finger over the last entry in it, half finished it appeared. A quick note of excitement - that in a day her hand-fasting to Maura would occur.

‘So much happened after that,’ murmured Pio, leaning close against him as they looked at earlier entries. ‘She didn’t have time to finish it.’

He reached up and brushed a long strand of her hair behind her ear. ‘We’re almost done here,’ he said, gently changing the subject. ‘Shall I pack this carefully away for you . . . until later, perhaps?’ She shook her head, the curling tendril falling forward again to brush against the pages. ‘No, I think I will keep it handy. No use to waste it. I can end the story for her, the one that was begun here. I can remember it for her and put it on these pages. And begin the story that carries on with those left in this place and time.

Camelia Goodchild Tuk! You little sneak! Pio laughed, fingering the edges of the leather cover. Another lesson for the Elf. I taught you the use of a blade, and now you will teach me the intricacies of the quill.

Mithadan grinned at her. Always the teacher, eh? Are you up to the challenge this time? He placed the daybook back into Pio’s hands, and she grasped it firmly.

So be it, Cami! You will find me an apt pupil, I think.

[ September 10, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]