View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

It is hard to say how ROTK will do at the Oscars, as the movie has yet to come out. But this movie is expected to be better than the other two and should be more satisfying as it will have an actual ending, so I do think it will do better than TTT at the Oscars.<P>But even if ROTK gets plenty of nominations, it doesn't mean they will do well at winning them. I believe last year FOTR got 13 nominations, but they only won four. <P>It also depends on what ROTK has to compete against. And though we already know of some of those competitors (The Matrix sequels, for example), there are several masterpiece movies still being filmed that we have yet to know of.<P>I say it's best for us to wait for the outcome of the Oscars this year and wait to see ROTK ourselves before trying to make any meaningful guesses on how the movie will do at the 2004 Academy Awards.