View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 07:42 AM   #21
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
After both the Dwarf and the Elf had told their stories, the Elf asked Arasiniel, "What of you? Why are you here?"

"That is a hard question to answer Raendin. Ah, forgive me. My name is Arasiniel, but you may call me Aras. As to why I am here with the both of you, I do not rightly know. I felt a strange longing for this place, a place I had never been before. My thoughts guided me here, beyond the Misty Mountains and the Forest, south of the Lonely Mountain, and then I followed the Celduin - or, the River Running - to here. I do not know why I was brought here, but I fortell strange matters afoot and certain for some, though I do not know who. That is all I can tell."

The others sat for awhile, taking this in. He had some things to think over too, such as the Dwarf's adventure in Umbar, and the Elf's travels from Ithilien. He had interesting companions.

After they had mused on the new information brought to light for all of them, it began to grow dark. "I propose we hold exploring and any further disscussions til the dawn light," said Aras, "as we all do not know why we are."

The others agreed, and while some slept that night, others did not.