View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #63
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Given how expensive the cottage hire is likely to be, and given the fact that I own a very, VERY large tent, I would propose that the third week be either, as Aganzir says, split up and go to another Downer's/hostel/hotel or some sort of camping trip. Those don't have to be booked so far in advance, I don't think.
I think that's a good idea. Anyway we should make it clear that the 'official' moot is going to be on weeks 1&2 and week 3 is the afterparty. Personally I'm not sure I could stay for three weeks even though it would be awesome.

Thank you for looking up the cottages, Hook and Lal!

Quote:
What would be the best way to decide on where to go, guys?
For me, price is the most important factor. But we have to keep in mind that a seemingly cheap cottage in the middle of nowhere can be more expensive in the end as we have to pay more to get there.
I would suggest emailing the owners and asking if they're strict about limiting the number of guests to the number of beds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
We really need absolute definite coming/not answers now because that will affect which cottage we can afford.
I'm afraid if people have to decide now, there won't be many.

Quote:
Joel/Maria (as you seem to be the most informed) can you make a list of all the people invited and then we can tick and cross them off as needed?
(For those who don't know: I'm the Joel she's speaking of!)

WEEK 1: August 6-12
Nogrod; Oddwen, Eamane & Oliphaunts_Rule; Bęthberry; Estelyn; Aganzir; Squatter

WEEK 2: August 13-15, ROTR 16-19
TheGreatElvenWarrior; Oddwen, Eamane & Oliphaunts_Rule; Bęthberry; Estelyn; Volo; Squatter; Aganzir

ROTR 20, WEEK 3: August 21-26
Oddwen, Eamane & Oliphaunts_Rule; Volo

People who are attending on Facebook but haven't voiced date preferences: narfforc, Encaitare, Shasta, The Might, Poison Ivy.
Maybe attending, no date preferences: Annunfuiniel, Celuien, Glirdan, Form, TGEW, Fea, Legate, Gwathagor, Lommy, Boro, Greenie, Rune, Gil-Galad, Macalaure, Diamond, Erendis, Lal (did you say you can do whichever week we choose?), Roa, Kitanna, Pitchwife, Durelin, lmp, the Barrow-Wight, Farael, Guinevere, Mirkgirl, Amanaduial (I think), and one I don't know.
Invited: Folwren, Nienna, Naria, The Ka, dancing spawn, Lottie, Nilp, skip, Cailín, Lariren Shadow, Eomer, Brinniel, Beregond, tgwbs, phantom, McCaber, Lush, Valesse, Gothmog, Firefoot, davem, Dimturiel, Sleepy Ranger, Finduilas, Azaelia, Goldwine, Anguirel, Morthoron, and one I don't know.

I guess this (plus the 18 who declined the invitation) is more or less everyone who has decided to Facebook-bond with fellow Downers.

So what we should do now is contact everone on the list, and those Downers who are not on the list, and ask if they're coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry View Post
One plus of this place seems to be that some of the cottages can be made to be interconnecting and if I read the page correctly, one arrangement also has a large kitchen for group accommodations, which would make it easier than every cottage having its own kitchen. No?.
That would be good, but if a 4-bedroom cottage costs Ł1,120 for a week, hiring lots of them would be horribly expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
Sleeps 12 and appears to be cheap:
http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p93165#reviews
I think this looks the best so far.