View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #40
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I like Martin Freeman and think he is best realistic candidate but I don't think he is perfect if you think of the book Bilbo who is a Tookish freespirit trapped in a very bourgeouis conventional exterior. Freeman does the ordinary bloke caught in odd circumstances well and he was good as Arthur Dent - a more modern arthur Dent than the posh "silly ***" type played by Simon Jones.

However Richard Armitage... I might even go and see this misbegotten movie if it has Hugo Weaving and Richard Armitage.

And I would love Bill Nighy to play Galion... I know I have said this before but noone does dissipation like him..save perhaps Richard E Grant...
Oh yes! The film's full title shall be: The Hobbit - There Will Be Drool.

I'm also holding out for Richard Wilson to voice Smaug as his is the voice I hear when I read the Dragon's words! I don't know, however, if he'd consider it too close to his role in Merlin what with the talking dragon in that and everything...wasn't he also in that awful Demons?