View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #125
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
Formendacil, nice post but it needs a bit of working out in terms of...you've made my character into your character's master, and some kind of patronly figure?

Lord Cirdacil/Burghley is a Puritanical type who disapproves of wasteful dramatic expenditure. I was envisaging him as a reluctant tagger along in the royal retinue, not as a key organiser...

Would you mind having another Lord as your master, a more distant NPC, or would you rather I adjust Cirdacil to this more accepting role? I suppose the poor old geezer could have been ordered into it by royal fiat, but if so could you change "took an interest in the dramatic arts" to be more mordant and ironic?

one of the reasons I wasn't myself going down the "noble patron" route is that I think that part might be bigger than I have time for. An absolutely and constitutionally reluctant noble patron, though, might be quite funny and not too big a part either

think of the (utterly unfair) portrayal of Sir Edmund Tilney in Shakespeare in Love...on such a basis I'd be willing to write the role you've laid out for me. Is that ok?
My most abject apologies, Master Anguirel, for leaping into the post without rereading the planning thread thoroughly. Somewhere your previous statement of "don't have enough time to play a patron" turned into "Anguirel's character is patron" in my head.

As to rectifying that, it's probably easiest if I just rename said patron than try and rework what I wrote--not because it's that difficult to rewrite the post, but because I don't want to back you into an unpleasant corner... but if you find yourself *wanting* to be a reluctant and disdainful patron, I can be easily persuaded thither.

And, as I've never seen Shakespeare in Love, I'm afraid the reference is quite lost on me.

Boro--feel free to have Branor ask Amdír. I'm not sure yet if he'll say yes... that'll undoubtedly depend on the outcome of first rehearsal/meeting.

EDIT: Okay, Cirdacil is gone, and one Lord Hallas is in, as the Players' part-time patron when they're in Minas Tirith. I would emphasise the "part-time" bit because: 1.) he's an NPC no one quite planned on making and 2.) he really only supports the Players when they're in Minas Tirith, and does so in more of an offhand "here's some money, make me look good and cultured for supporting you" than because he's got any keen interest drama.

EDIT II: Never mind the last edit... 'tis all undone.

Last edited by Formendacil; 03-09-2011 at 09:57 AM.