View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #270
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I wasn't going to do this...

But this is going to eat at my head if I don't say it.

Reasons Mnemo does not trust players who remind her of her

I am more interested in having fun in a Werewolf game than living or dying.

I am more interested in having fun in a Werewolf game than winning or losing.

I enjoy having fun through banter, compulsively stalking the thread, and sometimes posting for the sake of posting.

I enjoy playing like this.

However, because I still want to win, I would rather not have too many players with these priorities on my side.

Therefore, I do not trust players like this in general.

I know myself. It's easier to project myself and my weaknesses as a player onto other people.

And the fact that the "having fun" bit comes so strongly so early in the game means that if people remind me of me during those first few posts, it's going to be a lasting first impression. So if I think, even on a subconscious level, that some of the players are going to have similar priorities to mine, I'm going to think that they might play like me and so wonder how sound their judgment is on individual players.

Which is really strike 2, as strike 1 for giddy players is that there's another perfectly reasonable explanation: "I'm excited because I'm a WULF this time!" (This also plays itself out when people say things like, "I think X!wolf would be spending more time on the thread than innocent!X)

Anyway, there you have it. I'm posting this because earlier some people (okay, two, but I was pretty high up on the lists yesterDay) found the conclusions I drew from these arguments (without presenting the arguments, which was somewhat dumb) suspicious. All fine and well. Just make sure you're suspecting me for the right reasons.

I'm not going to say anything more on this topic.

Tacking this on: Nerwen, Pitch was joking with people who were playing straight through the game, rationally, as if the confines of the game were still present. Nothing wrong with that, except maybe that it added to that dreadful zeal. But if later on he praises them for playing straight through the game, when at the time he himself was extending the banter... I'd just rather he'd put his money where his mouth was.

Yes, it's small, but it's what I've got at the moment. And now I really must be getting to bed: I have a test tomorrow and a very heavy heart.

...Is it bad that I almost want to get lynched just so that people will know I'm innocent?