View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 09:14 AM   #39
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Callath stiffened as he heard Devon's voice, smooth and deep, but with undertones only the four friends could hear. Honey laced with glass.

Turning with the other three, Callath watched the corsair without a hint of a smile, but carefully keeping any threat out of his eyes as well, and for a second his eyes met those of the Corsair captain and locked.

The captain began to move forward towards the Ambassador's desk as he talked, but neither Calnan or Callath, placed directly between him and the Ambassador, were evidently going to move, so he changed his course towards the window, a look of smooth, perfectly orchestrated worry on his features.

"Why don't you go find something for your friends and you to eat. And you should clean up as well. My boy didn't you shave this morning?" The Ambassador's voice was mild once more, mindful of his advisor's prescence, and Callath shot Devon an encouraging look that said tell him now! But it was too late for any further protestations, and the stable boy knew as well as his friends, and as well as Doran, that it would do not a spot of good, as they were ushered swiftly from the room before they could attemt to spread any further possible discord between Thrann and Doran. Callath glared at the sea Captain's back as they were ushered out, jaw clenched, wishing he had something to say that would incriminate the fraud, when a commotion behind him in the hall caused him, like the others, to turn. A purposeful-looking individual, clad in black and brown clothes and an air of determination, was forging his way down the hall, despite the half-hearted attempts of the resigned-looking guard trailing after him. This was someone Callath would move aside for, and did so quickly, raising an eyebrow at Calnan who shrugged, shaking his head. So he wasn't a council member then, and Callath hadn't seen him around Umbar so, bemused, the stable-boy watched as the tall, lean man approached the Ambassador directly.