View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 05:00 AM   #280
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Vanwe

Vanwe could only but watch as Léspheria and Amandur methodically search the way for signs of her father’s passage, she felt useless in the presence of such skilled woods folk. Her mother and father where out there somewhere, each struck by an illness that she was powerless to cure or prevent. Her hand strayed to the knife in her belt each time a twig snapped or the leaves rustled, she glanced uneasily in every direction half expecting her mother to suddenly appear before her and the nightmare to begin anew.

“Here, look!” Amandur called, pointing to a fresh print in the damp earth of the bank. “He can’t be far ahead,” the ranger assured her as she and Léspheria came forwards for a closer look.

“He is alone, that is a good sign!” Léspheria smiled comfortingly, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. Vanwe nodded, but still her hand remained wrapped around the hilt of her knife and her vigilant gaze continued to watch the trees nervously as they moved on.

“There ahead!” Amandur whispered, “I thought I saw something moving upon the rill!”

Vanwe did not hear both Amandur calling for her to wait, she had seen the movement too, it was her father she knew it! She ran headlong unheeding of the possible dangers towards him. Breaking through the trees, she found him on his knees cradling his head in his hands, a rusted sword lying inches from his feet.

“Father, are you alright?” She implored kneeling beside him, then checking him over for any sign of injury when he did not reply. Lowering his hands she looked deeply into the crystal blueness of his sapphire eyes, she could see his anguish and her own eyes now filled with a mixture of relief and genuine concern, “What were you thinking coming out here alone, what if she had found you?” Tears rolled down her cheeks as she contemplated what might have happened. “Please, I could not bear to loss you too!” she whispered lowering her gaze to the ground.

Léspheria

“There ahead!” Amandur whispered, “I thought I saw something moving on the rill!”

A sudden flash of anger, hatred and intense loathing hit Léspheria’s senses, “No wait!” she called throwing her hands out to stop the young elf, but it was to late Vanwe was running as fast as she could towards the rill and out of the safety of the woods. Both she and Amandur instinctively ran after her their weapons drawn. Finding the young elf bent over the hunkering form of her father she and Amandur took up defensive positions either side of the two elves allowing Vanwe to tend her father in safety. Léspheria’s grey eyes swept the undergrowth, her mind reeling, whose torrent of emotions had she sensed? She cast a sidelong glance towards the bard, his emotions where turbulent at all times and it was possible that the emotions she had sensed were but another erratic outburst from the tormented bard, but… she paused turning her gaze back toward the heavy brush. But, she sensed nothing; if Naiore had been there, she had left post haste.

“All clear,” Amandur announced coming up beside her, but she did not hear him, still staring at the morning shadows of the thick brush.

“What is it?” Amandur whispered his head inches from hers as he followed her gaze.

His words gently waking her from her doubtful contemplation, she turned to look at him, studying his thoughtful gaze. “No, nothing” she sighed shaking her head, I thought I sensed something, but it was just him,” she whispered nodding in the direction of the bard.

Amandur turned again towards the direction of the brush not entirely convinced, “do you think we should move our plans ahead?” he whispered still scanning the area ahead.

“Perhaps it would be wise!” she replied her attention now fixed on the two elves kneeling on the damp ground. “On our return I shall advise the others to make ready to leave.” Amandur whispered following her gaze towards the bard and his daughter, "You still intend to allow them to come?" he questioned.

Léspheria nodded, "Yes, they need an end if they are to find any semblance of normality, they need closure Amandur, we all do!" she sighed wearily looking into his eyes and then turning back to the two elves they waited silently.

Last edited by Nerindel; 08-12-2004 at 06:51 AM.