View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 04:46 AM   #8
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
gondowe toke up into his spanish version a sentence leftout of LotR, that diescibs the outer look of Meduseld. Since our short telling of the war of the Ring does not include any fitting place for it, I would rather use it here:
Quote:
HE-SL-01<BFI Appendix (ii) The Rohirrim at once began the settlement of HE-SL-02{this region}Rohan, though during the reign of Eorl their eastern bounds along the Emyn Muil and Anduin were still under attack. HE-SL-03<Appendix A Eorl fell in battle in the Wold, and the first mound was raised. Felaróf was laid there also. Brego HE-SL-04{- He} drove the enemy out of the Wold, and Rohan was not attacked again for many years. In 2569 he completed the great hall of Meduseld.HE-SL-03.5<LotR {Legolas gazed ahead, shading his eyes from the level shafts of the new-risen sun. 'I see a}Where the white stream {that}[Snowborn] {comes}came down from the snows{,' he said. 'Where it issues}and issued from the shadow of the vale a green hill {rises}rose upon the east. A dike and mighty wall and thorny fence {encircle}encircled it. Within there {rise}rose the roofs of houses.<moved from below Edoras those courts {are}were called>; and in the midst, set upon a green terrace, there {stands}stood aloft {a}the great hall of {Men}<moved from below Meduseld{ is that}, the golden hall>. {And it seems to my eyes that it is}It was thatched with gold. The light of it {shines}shone far over the land. Golden, too, {are}were the posts of its doors. There men in bright mail {stand; but all else within the courts are yet asleep.'
'Edoras those courts are called,' said Gandalf, 'and Meduseld is that golden hall. There dwells Théoden son of Thengel, King of the Mark of Rohan.}stood.><LotR A Readers Companion p.400 Before {Théoden’s}the Hall there was a portico, with pillars made of mighty trees hewn in the upland forests and carved with interlacing figures of many beasts and birds with jeweled eyes and golden claws.> At the feast {his}of its inauguratuion Bregor’s son Baldor vowed that he would tread 'the Paths of the Dead' and did not return. Brego died of grief the next year.> ...
Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote