View Single Post
Old 06-26-2001, 07:51 PM   #46
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seeker of the Straight Path
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
3 points

I think Jallanite that I agree w/ you on all counts. As for Tuor representing himself as of the House of Hador or as a fosterling of the House of the Swan - either can work as can deleting any reference. Since JRRT has him declaring himself which is common practice in M-E then retaining it in some form makes since. He was proud [rightfully] of both. Hador is most clearcut as there is no doubt he could have said that and on one other occasion I think he does in the hidden entrance saying something like 'I am told that these names [Huor/Hador] are not unknown in Gondolin.

Def. the kind of decision we can make as we go thru the text paragraph by P. or however we do it.

</p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote