View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 06:34 AM   #609
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Snow! Bellyn thought as she stirred. She did not open her eyes yet, but she basked in the warmth of the room around her. Bellyn could sense the snow; there was something about it that made it so easy to wake up and know that the white powder was there. He brothers always teased her when she would tell them that. Bellyn knew it was true, though, because the air would become soft and still all around outside, and the sky would be silent all but for the little flakes careening gently out of the sky. There was almost a scent to the snow, though it was a smell that Bellyn could not yet describe.

Bellyn opened her eyes gently, and saw Nethwador first. "Good morning," Bellyn murmured softly as she sat up from her blankets and stretched out her arms. She caught sight of the window and saw the little snowflakes flying about, and smiled. "Yes, Mellon, what a good morning it is!"

Looking around the room, Bellyn wondered when they would leave, and how the group might continue. Part of her did not want to ever leave the comfort of Marigold's house, but the stronger piece of her heart wanted to finish the task that they had started what seemed like ages ago. She almost wearied of wandering and never getting to where they were headed. Bellyn turned to Nethwador.

"I wish we both spoke the language of the elves better," Bellyn said to Nethwador off-handedly as her thoughts shifted. "Then we could speak to each other, and we would understand each other. We...I...I could know where you come from, how you feel." Bellyn paused. It was not usually hard to tell how Nethwador felt about any certain subject - Bellyn added the example because she realized halfway through her words that she did not really need to be able to speak to Nethwador right then. His eyes spoke volumes.

Maybe Bellyn just felt better by talking and knowing that Nethwador would listen.