View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up Aftermath

Because I was asked and because I think it may interest you, I decided to let you know how I succeeded with the adventure you - well, you two, Rumil and Lommy - helped to create. In the final version of the adventure (as you will see), I was inspired by many of the things you posted, though did not use them mostly just in the form as you brought them forward, but modified them - sometimes just a little, sometimes more. But it's undiscutable that the adventure, which the players liked very much (they voiced their opinions aloud and they said that "this one was really good"), could not be created and could not be made that good without the aid of you two. Thanks once again, also for my players.

Instead of some brief summary (which I, as well as I know myself, I would not be able to post anyway), I decided to try to translate what I wrote in Czech on our pages. It's a few paragraphs and you can read the whole story of this adventure there. Since you could be confused concerning the main characters, I'm posting here a... ahem... it was supposed to be a brief desctiption of the five main characters. In the second post, you can jump right to the tale itself. Hope you enjoy it - remember, you helped to create it

Our company:
Bivoj, a young hunter from Enedwaith, who, upon reaching his maturity went North, crossed two rivers and met Larongwaloth and Blueberry in the Shire, where he joined them. Recently, he bought himself a black dog at Bree, hoping the animal is going to help him on his journey.
Blueberry (orig. "Borůvka". The similarity to the name "Goldberry" is a coincidence and I realized that after I tried to translate the names to English), a Hobbit, resp. Fallohide girl who never knew her parents, grew up in wilderness in the Greenhill country, possesses some unusual powers (like speaking with animals) but does not fully understand what she does. She befriended Larongwaloth when he was keeping some food outside his house for her. Blueberry also has a companion, the so-called "Forochel snowy owl". She got an egg from Old Took on his birthday party as a present; and she raised the owl.
Larongwaloth, a Sindarin elf who considers himself very old (he even grows himself a beard like Círdan did). He is a loremaster and a historian, very learned and wise. Originally, he lived in the Grey Havens, but was fascinated by the coming of the Halflings and from the foundation of the Shire he lived in Greenhill country in a cottage he let the (ancient) hobbits build for him, deep in the woods, but he secretly observed the Halflings and wrote into his own book tales of their history. His cottage stands there until these days, almost unchanged (due to the "elvish magic", as say the hobbits who know about it - and dare to venture there). Larongwaloth has a donkey named Donkey, for he is one of many in the row of his donkeys he had from when he came to the Shire; and a frog named Constance who is rather old and is not quite an usual frog.
The three friends left the Shire some time ago, Laronwaloth felt it is his "duty" to accompany Blueberry, because her abilities seemed indeed strange to the wise Elf. At Bree, they joined a company of Dwarves whose leader, Dúvi of Dwálin's tribe, went on some mad quest and Larongwaloth with his books and knowledge could provide him with the map of wilderness that he lacked. The company decided to accompany the Dwarves on their journey east because Larongwaloth and Blueberry thought it could be interesting to visit Rivendell, while Bivoj was always willing to explore new regions (as possible hunting grounds).
However, the last night camping near the Last Bridge, a troll appeared at night and though he was driven off, Dúvi the Dwarven leader lost his temper and accused his hired guard, Thrán, of not being cautious enough on guard. This ended, quite absurdly, in firing the guard.
Thrán is a Dwarven guard who was fired from the job as guard in one of the Blue Mountain dwarven holds because of problems with his boss. He got hired by Dúvi as a guard on his quest and was offered good payment, but ended fired as well. Since he is a Dwarf, if you wanted to picture him, he has black beard and his hood is grey
Grill, a Dwarf from the Blue Mountains is an expert on all the mechanic and explosive things. He was hired by Dúvi to make some "excavation works" for his company upon reaching their target. However, standing beside his friend Thrán, he ended fired by the short-tempered Dwarven party leader. Both Grill's beard and his hood are fiery red.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote