View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #19
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Posted by gandalf85:
Quote:
Wow, that sounds like a lot of work!
It is, but it makes for some fun as well. And the result is worth the effort, in my opinion.
2. Thanks for guiding to the fonts, but as I need Word-Art for the inclusion of some white ‘shadow’ behind the letters to make them more readable and I never found out how to add fonts to Word-Art, I don’t think I can work with them.
3.:
- About Anduin: As I scaled the Map up as much as possible to add the Hithaeglir and Anduin, I was abe to follow the course of Anduin on the LotR map closely. But this means it course represented now probably in much greater detail than any other river on the map.
- Adding other things: Have you seen this thread in The Books forum? There it is revealed that on Tolkien’s original working map for the LotR are some features east of the Sea of Rhûn. Most clear of this is a Mountain range. As we have no idea when that was raised (if it is not indeed a representation of the Orocarni) we can of course not add it.

Working on Map IV, I have some farther remarks for Map V:
- If we do add the Enchanted Isles we specify the map to be after the Hidding of Valinor. Which is okay for me.
- I think we should remove the Enchanted Isle from Map IV. An since that we should add their name here.
- I would as well add the name of the Shadowy Isles here.
- The Burnt Lands of the Sun seem to be a late addition to the map by Tolkien. It looks like he had already marked the area as sea by hachuring. Should we remove that and ‘clean’ the eastern continent? I think we should.

Of course it will all be easier to discuss once you have seen the maps. Please have some patients with me while working on it.

Respectfully
Findegil
P.S.: gandalf85, maybe you should edit your post, and remove my ‘standard geeting’ from the end. Otherwise it looks a bit like I would discuss all this only with myself.
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote