View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #656
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
In Auden's words, "If I could tell you I would let you know". As far as Coldan and I are concerned, the ball is with Nerwen at the moment, but I'm afraid I've maybe complicated things a bit too much by deviating from the original jailbreak plan in the garden scene with Aldarion and then bringing Coldan back too soon and putting Asta in a tight spot.

To be clear, although Coldan is doing his darnedest arguing against it, I'd still love to write a cloak-and-daggery (read: crowbar-and-livery) party intrusion - but character-wise, I think Asta would have to sort of charge ahead somehow and thus force Coldan to go after her (yeah, I know - "let the women do all the heavy work"; sorry).

On the other hand, if our burglaring trio stands around quarrelling for a little longer, we could have more than another servant surprise them... just to toss that into the debate.

Anyway, I think we could actually wrap this plot thread up (or explode it and pick up the pieces) in a couple of days, except some of the people involved are also busy with the Arda Cup and WW - which is of course fine (no intention to play Urwen here), it just tends to slow things down, so I've no idea about an ETA.
Well, now that I'm out of the WW game due to being horribly murdered , I've got a little more time to spend on this.

So, it's up to you, now: either Coldan lets himself be persuaded to change clothes with the servant, or Asta will do it herself (which I suppose would fit in with Ang's endless Shakespearean references). Or, as you say, another servant might turn up to complicate things.