View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #16
Corsair_Caruso
Haunting Spirit

Corsair_Caruso has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair_Caruso View Post
2. Turgon dies in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad while trying to save Fingon. At this point, Orodreth of Nargothrond becomes High-King (I'm assuming the Gil-galad son of Orodreth, son of Angrod lineage here), and Maeglin likely becomes King in Gondolin. For bonus points, come up with a new, interesting fate for Hurin and Huor. (Both survive and escape? No curse on the Children of Hurin! Hurin dies and Huor is captured? Tuor the Cursed, while Turin is left to live a more normal life? Both are killed? Still no Curse!)
Here's another I'm interested in, most of all because I want to know how King Maeglin would fare. How would he deal with Idril continuing to rebuff his advances once he had the crown? Would he be a good ruler of Gondolin?

Would High-King Orodreth, like Turgon, stay hidden inside his city and the leadership of the Noldor be exercised by others on his behalf, as it likely was during Turgon's reign (since he stayed in Gondolin almost the entire time with no contact with his nominal subjects outside in the rest of Beleriand)?

If Hurin's family was not cursed, as in the OTL, what kind of life would Turin have led? Would he still have met Finduilas and perhaps have been united with her, producing another child of both kindreds, or would he have been of less note, leading his farher's land after him and marrying a human woman and having children who might or might not have impacted the history of the Edain?

If Tuor had borne the curse (assuming Huor were captured instead of Hurin), that butterflies away Ëarendil. This almost necessitates the existence of other half-Elven children, likely descended from Turin, if the line of the Half-Elven is to act as the ambassadors of Middle-earth to the Valar, as I believe was Eru's plan.

Thoughts?
Corsair_Caruso is offline   Reply With Quote