View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 01:38 PM   #33
BoromirTheBold
Pile O'Bones

BoromirTheBold has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BoromirTheBold
Shield

I think Borders carries the 13 CD and Tape set. I found it at one store here in Ohio for $40, brand new. I can't remember the name of it, though. It might have been Walden Books (?)

I think Borders only wants $40 for it, as well. Haven't been there for a while.... And I recorded my copy off of the library cds..... (Shame on me)

I like Faramir and Eomer's voices.... I dunno why, they just strike me as more for their character than anyone elses (With exceptions being Bilbo, Gandalf and Gollum) I know Andrew Seear played Faramir, but i can't remember who did Eomer.

My favorite song on there is on tape/cd 13, Bilbo's Last Song ('Guided by the lonely star, beyond the utmost harbour bar, I'll find the Havens fair and free, and beaches of a star-lit sea. Ship, my ship! I seek the West, and fields and mountains ever blest. Farewell to Middle-Earth at last. I see the star above my mast!)

As far as Aragorn sounding old.... Bear in mind, Tolkien has him as being 78 when he is crowned. I think that's just a tad bit..... um, I'll stop digging that hole as I don't know if there are any 78 year olds on the boards.... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: BoromirTheBold ]
tercano nuruva (the Herald of Death

Hlasta! Qyetes (Listen! it speaks to)
Hfirimain: (Those who were not born to die: )

The Ringspell...
BoromirTheBold is offline   Reply With Quote