View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And I have, for instance, no idea who are the three people you are talking about. Okay, the first name I have vague idea (because of youtube adverts) and the last one sounds like I might have heard it somewhere, but no clue. If you told me they are members of British government, I would have believed you.
I know the first one - Justin Bieber is a singer, from the States (I heard some of his songs, they are horrible - imho). He used to wear his wear his bangs over his eyes, and so did nearly all the boys in my school. Then he cut them, and so did all the boys in my school. Every other girl I met was obsessed with him about a year ago, and that's how I know all this. Oh the useless stuff one learns from fangirls!

*imagines one of her acquaintances saying "that's how I know about this Tolkien guy - oh the useless stuff one learns from fangirls!"*

It's really weird that we're all boasting about being ignorant about the popular things of our times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I think we who have read the books and discussed them through and through sometimes really should confront ourselves with some Mark who will open our eyes again to the "naive reading" of it.
Well said! A story loses its touch once you learn it pretty much by heart. We need to "refresh" our knowledge every once in a while. (And while rereading is awesome, that's not what I mean here - we need to forget our previous Tolkien lore to really be drawn in/surprised by plot twists/etc)

PS: I have no clue what this Alien you're talking about is...