View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 11:58 AM   #329
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Before Esgallhugwen could even reply, cook had already ordered to get the fresh vegetables from Beren in the garden and make a large pot of soup for lunch. She could get out the cookies in the pantry to place on a large platter as a sweet treat for the diners, and she was to make sure Buttercup sliced up the loaves of fresh honey wheat bread and that the pots of honey and sweet butter were filled and ready.

No problem she thought as the Cook rushed out of the kitchen tending to other things that needed to be done. You will not be able to work with the cloak and sword at your side! the voice in her head laughed mockingly you who wishes to hide from all those who see you! You think you can hide? It is impossible, and what are you hiding from, there're all dead, no one can find you.

Esgallhugwen's teeth clenched together in frustration. It cannot be seen that they all died I do not know that! I only worry that he is not dead, how am I to know he perished in the flames, he could be looking for me right now! The voice stopped the mockery and fell silent, knowing all too well the peril that plagued her.

Miss Bunce called her E's, Esgallhugwen laughed at this she knew not many of the little people would be able to pronounce it in their tongue but that bothered her little. She heard of the trouble you could get yourself into if you didn't listen to the Cook. Especially if you missed a meal.

Just at that thought, an Elf maid was pushed into the kitchen with Miss Bunce firing off orders for her to eat something and that they didn't need Elf maidens littering the floor of the Inn from lack of food. The caught each others glance before she rushed out the door again with a huge platter of food.

Esgallhugwen just stood there; she knew how to cook, but where could she find Beren? Or should she just go to the garden and start picking vegetables. First she should rid herself of any clothing or items that would only make it more unbearable to cook in the already hot kitchen, she knew of the risk but doubted very much that anyone that did not work here would charge in; no one knew her here that would perhaps allow her to go unoticed. Though she had been reckless in the past.

She hoped there were no spies and that no one would be intrigued to ask her questions she dared not to answer.