View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 09:14 PM   #337
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Am I in a dream? Falowik thought. Uien's hand reached to him. Maybe a wondrous dream has become real. He watched his hand come up to hers and enfold it. Her hand was warm to the touch. He could not help but smile, nor did he wish to keep a straight face. She is my joy! He could not bring himself to speak his thought; it presumed too much. He had met her not a half day ago.

...the path to be taken shines so that I cannot turn away from it. Her words were written upon his memory; words of hope. A thought came to him, one most fitting to be spoken, for it did not presume too much, and might serve to brighten her yet the more.

"It is you that gives the light to the path that shines, Fair One." He was surprised by the warm tembre in his own voice, which had for years sounded harsh in his ears. It was her doing. She smiled the more and quickened their pace, and he matched it.

"I'm glad that you will join in the search," Falowik said.

"As am I, Falowik."

"I fear that Eodwine may not still be alive and that I've dallied too long."

"May it not be so. We shall do our best to find him and see to his weal."

His heart was full. They searched for herbs together, and his knowledge of the local varieties made her selections sure, for she knew well what she was after.

"I did promise Derufin to help with the roof for half a day," he said when her bag was almost full. "I should return and make good."