View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #25
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Arwen! A name I recognize - you know, it's amazing how many new members that I've just never met before are around here now.

How, may I ask, did a purely Lord of the Rings forum become one devoted entirely to Harry Potter? But, I suppose that's a question for another thread...

I agree - it's gotten to the point that I have missed so much in conversation, I don't know what has already been said or what points have been made. Also, the new forum I go to has very few language restrictions (they just ask that you don't swear in the title of the thread...and don't use derogatory language towards one another - and they hardly even enforce those rules), so when I do come in here to post, I have to be very careful how I type. My typed dialogue is far more "colorful", shall we say, at the moment than my spoken. It is actually interesting - I have to proofread all of these posts far more than I ever had to when I was on here, simply because I'm afraid of slipping up and putting in some four-letter word when I did not even mean for it to be there.

Again, what I'm now hoping to do is wander over to the Role-Playing Forum - maybe even just to the Shire to get my feet wet again (I don't know, I'll see). Maybe I'll try to jump into one of the Inns and see how it goes before I do anything else. My fear of failure is what is preventing me from just diving right back in. At this time of day, my other Forum is pretty abandoned (people at work and the like), so I have time to poke my nose in here and see what's going on.