View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #37
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Ah yes, Fea, the advent of Werewolf games (introduced by the Boss Wight himself) changed the Downs. At the time, I was sometimes annoyed that it took energy away from the discussion threads and skewed the rep system. However, it also brought new members who discovered that there are sections of the forum that are worth getting to know.

I too bemoan the loss of the "good ol' days" of REB and brilliant book discussions, and sometimes, like Mithadan, I resolve to post new threads that will generate interest. Unfortunately, time rarely seems to suffice; I'm still writing on Tolkien, but now it's a real life project that can be held in hands and will hopefully entice many fans to spend their money on it!

Horizons widen, new interests demand attention, and one the best ways to continue the Tolkien discussions is by joining one of the Societies and talking to real people!

Oh yes, and there are those friends and family members who are not interested in Tolkien discussions, but who think I should be interested in spending time with them nonetheless...

That being said, I may post less these days/months/years, but I still enjoy reading good contributions, and I hope those worthwhile posts continue to come!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote