View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #4417
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
As for the specific-unspecific debate, just for note I would side with Brinn. I don't have anything against occasional "off-topic" game, but we are BDers here and Tolkien should probably be the "primary source" just for the sake of being able to appeal to wide audience. From my point of view, McCaber's game was a very "daring" one in these terms, although it turned out well (very well, actually). Although I think that was more like luck with that so many people knew the topic - yet still there were those for whom it wasn't that special or who weren't familiar with the subject itself.

Anyway, for now: All right, my game is ready, so I can as well post up now. I was busy today so I could not put up the admin thread earlier, but I just came home so I will do so in the following hour.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote