View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:54 AM   #84
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Right. I thought there'd be a bit of annoyance at lack of female swashbuckling. I didn't put it very well.

When the men march off, the women can probably follow them to the camp in East Beleriand before bidding them farewell. (Thuringwethil maybe among the said women!) After that, we cut to the epilogue, where there'll be plenty to describe - how they coped if their husbands were killed, their grim new life in the confines of Hithlum where Morgoth resettled them, who and if they married if they started single, all up to you.

I honestly think playing a female Ulfing is going to be more rewarding than it looks. It's like I said, War and Peace, War and Peace. Natasha didn't wield a sword! Neither did Anna Karenina or Elizabeth Bennet or Becky Sharp. But does it make them less great characters?

If you're still uncertain, perhaps you'd like to play a male and a female Ulfing, as pio is doing.

EDIT: pio, yes, do put Kath on the thread as another of the Borrim. We can always take her off if she has second thoughts.