View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 05:10 AM   #124
Kidd2323
Animated Skeleton

Kidd2323 has just left Hobbiton.
I just want to post my congrats to PJ and the rest of the cast and crew for making one of our favorite little books into the most Oscar-decorated (who cares if it's actually a tie) movie of all time.
I personally shared Phillippa's sentiments when she talked about receiving the books from her parents at the age of 8 and absolutely falling in love with them (although mine were given to me in the form of The Hobbit by my uncle.)
For over twenty years now I've been returning to my favorite vacation destination--the books--but now, because of the movies, I feel I've been granted access to a whole new area I'd never seen before although I'd been going there for over two-thirds of my life. It's almost undiscovered territory--the movies--like when I first discovered the HoME series.
Wow! Who would have thunk it?!?!

P.S. One minor disappointment...when PJ and everyone else involved thanked JRRT, no one really seemed to care or applaud. Kudos to PJ and others for naming the Professor.

P.S.S. Do you get the feeling that the Hollywood crowd were getting sick of the LotR winning and fanfare? It reminded me of when Titanic won and how sick I was by the end of the show. You could tell the crowd was behind Lost in Translation, no doubt due in part to the fact it was an American movie.