Old 06-16-2005, 02:27 PM   #57
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

dare I say it?

STOP!

PLEASE!

Has no one here a concept of what constitutes a discussion? We are NOT here to wander aimlessly in search of nothing. As the introductory post on this thread stated, this is meant to be a sort of Theology of Middle-Earth. Forgive me for attempting some level of direction , but I believe the last 20+ posts have been completely (or nearly so) irrelavent to our discussion. I hoped to stand by and wait for the storm to pass, but it seems that if I do, any hope of intelligent inquiry will end up like the little hobbits on the face of Caradhras. What we need is direction. Commonly, I belive that it is useful for the initiator of a discussion to direct its flow to a degree, and I see that I have neglected my duties in that respect.

We must ALL realize that what is (99+% percent of the time) important in intelligent discussion has almost nothing to do with personal feelings about a subject. Who cares if your Atheist (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Agnostic, Buddhist, Taoist, Animist, hippie) upbringing causes resent (or not) when you read about a Judeo-Christian (see above) Eru? Certainly not anyone interested in the growth of understanding on this subject. Arguments in this forum are intended to deal with solid refrence from Tolkiens works, not our personal responses to others' personal responses to shadowy references to the books. Consequently, please move your discussions to where they are (A) welcome and (B) appropriate, and I'm sure they will flourish.

(that is to say, in the words of Mr. Bilbo Baggins:
"This is the END. You are going. You are leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!"

Alas, I am so very frustrated. First this, and then twice when I attempt to continue discussion, the text of my post is deleted in some freak accident.

I wished to continue (very much) with a list of events that take place directly inloving Eru, during the Ainulindale, but that will have to wait now.

Hating blasted Compaq computers,
Iarwain

P.S. In rewriting my post, I left out the primary request of this post: Please, remove all discussions of Enchantment, "claiming Eru" the nature of Cahadras and other objects, symbolism, allegory, the nature of Fiction, etc. from this thread. They do not belong here, and should not be here, they should cease to be active within this thread. I belive the words of Mr. Baggins as quoted above apply perfectly. Good day.

Last edited by Iarwain; 06-16-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Iarwain is offline   Reply With Quote