View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 07:21 PM   #24
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Did you like the way Arwen was portrayed in the third movie and Tyler's acting of the role? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Two thumbs down. Bad casting worse writing. <P>Finwe posted [in regards to her dying because of the ring]:'You have to admit, it certainly makes things a LOT more dramatic. With Arwen dying'<P>Yep it was high drama alright, I wondered indeed how much more cheesy can PJ get than tying the ring's power to Arwen's mortality.<P>All in all possibly the most stupid 'adaptation' in the whole trilogy.<P>Doug posted [ah we are ever fated to be at odds on this movie it seems ] :'To anyone not so lucky that thought this scene was rubbish, perhaps you will think differently in another 10 or 20 years.'<P>Well Doug I have two young girls and I thought the whole re-casting of motives for 'Aragorn'/'Arwen'/'Elrond' etc, was poor, and would have been poor in any context [non-tolkien] the fact that it was re-writing LotR only made it the sadder.<P>The mercy of course is that it is now over, and one no longer needs to wonder how 'Middle-Earth's' royal family will be twisted into hollywood shape.
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote