View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 AM   #67
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Lin's eyes flashed angrily towards Scyld. How could he say such a thing? And yet...something did not ring true. He was too angry with her, when ordinarily his response would be dry laughter or scathing scorn at her...naivete, I suppose. And it's fair. I am naive, though I am rapidly learning.

Her anger receded rapidly, and she leaned back thoughtfully. When she spoke her voice was gentle, and that in itself seemed to startle Scyld. "Perhaps it is his intent. But you should care, Scyld. Adding murder to his crimes does you no favors."

He recoiled, as if in expectation of some righteous lecture, and Lin laughed softly, with only a trace of bitterness. "I mean when he is caught. Whatever happens to me doesn't matter, whether I live or die. He will still be caught, and made to answer." She looked over and caught Scyld's eyes with her own. "And so will any who aided him, or served him. You know this. Adding the murder or harm of an innocent, and to no purpose other than to cause me pain...even if I lived and argued for you, I do not think I could save you, if you knew of such intent and did nothing. And certainly no one else is like to try."