View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #108
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Trór

The messenger, Gror, obeyed Trór with some reluctance as if unsure of his success. He stared at the map for several minutes mumbling to himself and tracing his finger along, what Trór guessed was, his route from Erebor. Gror, however, soon made up his mind.

“Here,” Gror said (actually it was phrased more like a question than an answer). He pointed to where the river of Kibil-nâla flowed into Kheled-zaram. “The Orcs seemed very intent on speed and I don’t think that they would waste time going around the waters of Kheled-zaram. Is this good?”

Trór smiled a broad, which looked more like a teethy scowl, and placed himself beside Gror. “You see here,” Trór stated, speaking to Gror, but in fact he was relaying his battle plans and the members of the council knew it. “We are on the western side of the river. See how the high ground is in our favor. Give me a company of able bodied warriors and I could hold that position long enough for defenses to be erected here. There isn’t a better position to hold on the entire map, if what you say is true. Are you certain that they are coming by this route?” Gror nodded his head. “Then this is good. My plan is simple: we cannot defeat the Orcs in an open battle, but we can outlast them in a siege. Defenses will need to be made here on the base of these Eastern Gates. I will need at least sixty dwarves with skilled engineer or mason to stay behind from the battle and do this. I, meanwhile, will take my regulars and hold the Orcs back long enough for this to happen. The rest of you will muster those who, five years ago, helped in the storming of the Halls and come to our aid as quickly as possible.

“Now is the time when criticism is appropriate,” Trór shot a crooked eye at Kénan when he said this. “What adjustments need to be made to this plan?”

Nali

"I am very sorry that my presence here had disturbed you, venerable master Náli. This is all just a misunderstanding. I did not want to, as you say, eavesdrop on anyone, that thought would have never entered my mind.”

Nali was taken back a bit by the man’s smooth words, but was disturbed by the way this Onli fellow was trying to weasel himself as blameless in the situation. Apparently eavesdropping had been on his mind, otherwise he would not have been standing so boldly close to him and Kórin. Nevertheless, Onli’s words faintly reminded Nali of himself in younger days; and Onli’s willingness to serve was a welcomed at the moment. There was, however, just one important question.

“Trór now holds the title of Uzbad Khazaddûmu and can never be approached as easily as before. This council is of importance and is not for any common Dwarf’s ears, I will not suffer to have thou disturb him just at the moment. However, if thou is in ernest to serve him, thou will do well to wait for the council to conclude and then wait for my signal to approach him. But tell me, Onli, what use will you be to Trór and how will you serve him? Though thy’s speech is cleverly structured, it seems that thou, hast no experience in managing great affairs.”