View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
As far as I'm concerned, two films are better than one.

Perhaps the second one (and it does seem like there's little material to make a good full length movie) will be crap. This would of course be disapointing but it wouldn't take anything away from Tolkien's written works. People who enjoy reading the books can keep on enjoying them even if the movie fails to meet their high standards. Besides, a movie is something all together different from a book, and can't be judged by the same standards. So, the way I see it, if the second movie is poor, nothing is lost really, exept perhaps a moderate sum of money and a couple of hours of your precious time which you probably would have wasted anyway.

Then again, it just might be really good too. Even if much of it is invented by the filmmakers and not by Tolkien himself. Then all the better.

I really enjoyed the trilogy despite lots of flaws and quite annoying simplifications of the storyline. I expect to enjoy the coming movies as well.

One thing though, there isn't much Hobbit stuff in the appendixes, is there?
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote